We believe that society needs a new way to support people in school, out of school and in the workplace. Learning is no longer confined to schools but must be something we nurture over our lifetime, and businesses need a flexible and creative workforce in order to compete successfully in a global economy. So we need to ensure that all workers, both young and old, not only have up-to-date skills and knowledge to perform their tasks, but are able to acquire the skills and attitude needed for self-directed learning.
Eluceo’s Mission is to provide a new, comprehensive and integrated approach to lifelong learning that supports the development of the next generation of self-directed and confident learners.
Eluceo’s Vision is to be recognised as the excellence centre of choice for trusted and quality education information for learners of all ages.
Our Mission and Vision are to be delivered through the Eluceo website which includes information for six main stakeholders:
- Students - assist in their navigation of the evermore complex education system with information relating to the key stages of their education (including apprenticeships, work experience, internships, graduate opportunities, STEM careers, qualifications, skills assessment, distance learning, study skills and universities) to help them make informed choices and make sure their have the relevant skills and knowledge for their chosen careers.
- Teachers - provide comprehensive information to help teachers prepare, guide and support their students to obtain fulfilling careers. Eluceo provides up-to-date information (changes in education policy, technology and pedagogy) and supports teachers in developing their teaching skills and offering information for their professional development.
- Parents - help parents understand the necessary skills to obtaining a fulfilling career to help them guide their children through career choices with information that includes the UK education system, special education needs, local authorities, extra-curricular activities, jobs, work experience etc.
- Lifelong Learners - provide comprehensive information regarding on-line and distance learning to assist those who wish to up-skill or retrain (or just learn for pleasure), and offer information for mature and part-time students.
- International - provide comprehensive information to help international students navigate the British education system and offer insight into studying here, focusing on private schools, pre-university courses, universities, UK degrees studied abroad and learning English.
- Employers - provide information to help employers understand UK qualifications and to connect with students, teachers, parents and lifelong learners so they can nurture and recruit the best talent.
As a Social Enterprise, the profits generated from the Eluceo website will support schools (through profit sharing) and individual students in the form of bursaries and scholarships.
Eluceo aims to be the leading website on all things educational, so if you have any suggestions on how we could improve, don't hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.