- Alternative Learning
- STEAM Programmes
- SEN & Gifted Children
- Local Schools
- Lifelong Learner
- Online Courses
- Starting from Scratch
- Lifelong Learning
- In the Rat Race
- Online Resources
- STEAM Programmes
- What can you study?
- Fees & finance
- UK Universities
- Studying Abroad
- Living in the UK
Planning a Career
The form on the left hand side of this page1 enables you to search for a career based on criteria, including:
- Search text
- A degree subject you may have or are interested it
- The type of industries you would like to work in
- The region you would like to live in.
You can search with some or all of these criteria. Use the Reset button to restart your search criteria. Use the magnifying glass icon to initiate your search.
You can then learn more about that career by clicking on the relevant item within the resulting content. You may have to refine your search if there is no content.
If you wish to plan your career more closely related to your interests and knowledge then register with the Eluceo iShine application.
Note 1: If you are viewing this page on a mobile phone then use the 'gear' icon at the top right of the screen to pop up the form.
iShine Data Sources
Eluceo uses employment information from government sources to support the iShine application, this includes:
- Data from LMI for ALL, an open data project, supporting the wider government agenda to encourage use and re-use of government data sets. It contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.
- Data from O*NET OnLine by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration (USDOL/ETA). Used under the CC BY 4.0 license. O*NET® is a trademark of USDOL/ETA. Eluceo has adapted some of this information to meet the UK specific roles.
- Data from the National Careers Service under the Open Government Licence v3.0.